Chocolate Mousse Cake
Views : 60140
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the cake
- Cooking chocolate – 100 gram (chopped)
- Unsalted butter – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Milk – 1 ½ cup (warm)
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Coffee powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease an 8” inch cake tin with butter and line it with parchment and keep it ready.
- In another bowl, take sugar, butter and cooking chocolate and microwave for a minute. Remove from the microwave and stir till well combined. Add milk, oil and vanilla essence to this and combine well.
- In a deep bowl sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coffee powder and salt. Add this flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine well. Pour this batter to the prepared cake tin and bake for about 40 – 45 minutes or till done (check the cake by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Remove from the oven and cool it for about 15 minutes at room temperature. Remove the cake carefully from the cake tin and cool it completely over a wire rack.
- Cut this cake to two layers. Take one layer of cake and cut it to a bit smaller circle.
For the chocolate mousse and layering
- Whipping cream (cooled) – 1 ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Cooking chocolate – 1 ¼ cup (chopped)
- Gelatin – ¾ tsp (soaked in 2 tsp water)
- Coffee powder – ½ tsp (mixed in ½ cup hot water)
- In an 8” inch spring form pan, place the big circle chocolate cake and sprinkle little coffee mixture. Press the chocolate cake lightly and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, take 1 ½ cup whipping cream and whip well till soft and creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla essence and whip till stiff peaks are formed.
- In another bowl, microwave cooking chocolate with ¼ cup whipping cream for about 45 seconds – 1 minutes or till it starts bubbling. Remove the bowl from the oven and stir slowly till the chocolate is melted completely. Leave it to cool for about 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the melted chocolate and condensed milk to the whipped cream and combine slowly till well combined.
- Microwave the soaked gelatin in the oven for 10 – 15 seconds, stir well with a spoon and add this to the whipped cream and beat slowly till combined. Pour 1/3rd of this whipped mousse over the chocolate cake in the spring form pan and spread evenly. Place the smaller circle chocolate cake at the center and sprinkle little coffee mixture over it. Fill the sides and top of the cake with the remaining chocolate mousse. Cool it to set in the refrigerator for about 3 – 4 hours.
For the chocolate glaze
- Cooking chocolate – 1 ½ cup (chopped)
- Whipping cream – ¾ cup
- Unsalted butter – 2 tsp
- Take all the above ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds – 1 minute, till it starts to bubble). Remove it from the oven and combine slowly till the chocolate and butter is melted completely.
- Carefully remove the cooled chocolate mousse cake from the spring form pan and place it over a wire rack (place a pan below the wire rack to collect the excess chocolate glaze). Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the chocolate mousse cake and spread evenly till the mousse is completely covered with the chocolate glaze.
For the chocolate roses an borders
- Cooking chocolate – 1 ½ cup
- Whipping cream – ½ cup
- Chocolate curls and sprinkles – to garnish
- In a bowl, take cooking chocolate and whipping cream microwave for about 45 seconds – 1 minute, (till it starts to bubble). Remove it from the oven and combine slowly till the chocolate is melted completely. Cool it in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 hours to become thick.
- Move this to an icing bag with rose nozzle and pipe the roses and borders on the cake. Garnish with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate curls. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's