Chicken Ghee Roast
Views : 60809
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut to pieces)
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate it covered for an hour.
For the masala paste
- Dried red chili – 8 (remove the seeds)
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Whole black pepper – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball (soaked in 3 tbsp water)
- Dry roast dried red chili, coriander seeds, whole black pepper, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds till a nice aroma appear. Remove from the flame and grind it to a fine powder.
- To this add garlic cloves and tamarind water (squeeze the tamarind and collect the water) and grind it to a fine paste. Keep it ready,
For the gravy
- Onion – 3, sliced
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 5 – 6 tbsp
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the marinated chicken pieces and cook over medium flame for about 8 – 10 minutes, till all the water content is one and the chicken is half cooked. Remove from the flame.
- To the same pan, add the remaining ghee. Add the sliced onion, crushed ginger garlic and salt and saute till soft. To this add turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the ground masala paste to this and saute till oil appears on top. Add the cooked chicken to this and combine well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add a cup of water to this and cook covered for about 10 – 15 minutes, till the chicken is cooked completely. Add coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve hot with roti or ghee rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's