Views : 51431
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Egg white – 2
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 - 4 drops
- Food colour (any of your choice) – 2 – 3 drops
- Preheat the oven to 100 degree. Line a cookie tray with parchment and keep it ready.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg white, sugar and vanilla essence for a minute or two.
- Now beat it with an electric beater starting from low speed gradually increasing the speed. Beat it over high speed till stiff peaks are formed (the cream should not fall if you invert the bowl).
- Add the lemon juice and beat for a minute. Add the food colour to this and beat over high speed till evenly combined and stiff peaks are formed, scraping the sides.
- Move this to an icing bag with an icing tip of your choice and pipe it in the prepared cookie tray leaving space in between.
- Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes, switch off the oven and leave the meringues in the closed oven itself for about 1 and half hour (slow cooling inside the oven), with the oven door slightly opened. Remove the cookies from the oven and store it in an air tight container when it is cooled completely. Serve.
Note : Here I used red food colour. Makes about 40 – 50 small meringue cookies depending on the size.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's