Chicken Pot Pie
Views : 67408
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chicken stock
- Chicken (boneless breast) – 350 gram, cut to small cubes
- Onion – ½ (chopped)
- Carrot – ½ (diced)
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Water – 2 ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Cook all the above ingredients in a pressure cooker for about 4 – 5 whistles over high flame and remove from flame. Keep the cooked chicken and veggies in one bowl and the chicken stock in another bowl and keep it ready.
For the filling
- Garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 , diced
- Carrot – 2 , diced
- Potato – 1, diced
- Green peas (frozen) – ½ cup
- Sweet corn (frozen) – ½ cup
- Celery – 3 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch (if required)
- 12. Puff pastry squares – 5 – 6
- 13. Egg – 1 (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add diced onion, carrot, potato, green peas, sweet corn and celery and saute for about 4 – 5 minutes
- To this add the chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook for about 5 minutes, add the cooked chicken with veggies to this and combine well. Add fresh cream, combine and bring to boil.
- Add all purpose flour and combine without forming lumps. Now add butter, combine and cook over low flame till thick and creamy. Add a pinch of salt and if required (the chicken stock already contains salt, so add salt only if required). Remove from flame.
- Move this mixture to 5 – 6 ramekins and cover it with the puff pastry squares. Seal the sides by pressing the puff pastry at the sides with a fork. Give a small cut on the puff pastry, at the center, to leave the steam. Coat the puff pastry with the egg mixed with a pastry brush.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake this for about 28 – 33 minutes, or till the puff pastry is flaky and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Note : This can be prepared in one big dish. Use big puff pastry sheet instead puff pastry squares. Recipe of homemade puff pastry is already added here.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's