Views : 59961
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Cashew nuts – ½ cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ¼ cup + ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Unsalted butter – 100 gram (at room temperature)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Ghee – ¼ tsp
- Heat a pan over low flame, add ghee and roast the cashew nuts till light golden colour stirring continuously. Remove the cashews from the pan and crush it in a grinder.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree. Line a cookie tray with parchment and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, combine together crushed cashew, all purpose flour, ¼ cup powdered sugar and salt. In another bowl, combine together butter and vanilla essence. To this add the cashew – flour mixture and knead till well combined and the dough comes together.
- Make small balls out of the dough and place it in the cookie tray leaving space in between. Bake it in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes or till the bottom of the cookie is light golden brown. Remove it from the oven and leave it to cool over a wire rack for about 4 – 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll the cookies one by one in the powdered sugar (½ cup) and cool it completely over a wire rack. Serve. Store it in an air tight container.
Note : Makes about 12 – 15 cookies depending on the size.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's