Matar Paneer Masala
Views : 56490
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Paneer cubes/ cottage cheese (frozen) – 200 gram (soak it in hot water till the gravy is ready)
- Cardamom – 2
- Onion- 3, chopped
- Ginger – garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 (grind it to a fine paste)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Green peas – 1 cup (frozen)
- Water – 1 cup
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add cardamom, chopped onion, ginger garlic and little salt and saute till soft. Remove from flame and grind it to a smooth paste adding 2 – 3 tbsp water. Keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan, add cumin seeds and let it splutter. To this add bay leaves. Add the ground onion paste and cook till the raw smell disappear.
- To this, add ground tomato and cook till thick and oil appears on top. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and little salt and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appear.
- Add green peas and cook for a minute. Add 1 cup of water to this and cook covered for about 4 – 5 minutes over low flame. Add garam masala powder, cumin powder and a pinch of sugar to this and combine.
- Drain water from paneer. Add paneer to the prepared gravy and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Add kasoori methi and fresh cream to this, combine and remove from flame. Serve hot with roti or naan.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's