Views : 62138
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the mousse
- Chocolate cake (a thin slice) – 1 (5 inch circle or the size of the mold)
- Coffee powder – ¼ tsp (mixed in ¼ cup hot water)
- Whipping cream (cooled) – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Cooking chocolate – ½ cup
- Gelatin – ¼ tsp (soaked in 1 ½ tsp water)
- In a 5 inch spring form pan, place the chocolate cake and sprinkle little coffee mixture. Press the chocolate cake lightly and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, take ½ cup whipping cream and whip well till soft and creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla essence and whip till stiff peaks are formed.
- In another bowl, microwave cooking chocolate with 2 tbsp whipping cream for about 45 seconds – 1 minutes or till it starts bubbling. Remove the bowl from the oven and stir slowly till the chocolate is melted completely. Leave it to cool for about 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the melted chocolate and condensed milk to the whipped cream and combine slowly till well combined.
- Microwave the soaked gelatin in the oven for 10 – 15 seconds, stir well with a spoon and add this to the whipped cream and beat slowly till combined. Pour this over the chocolate cake in the spring form pan and spread evenly. Cool it to set in the refrigerator for about 3 – 4 hours.
For the chocolate glaze
- Cooking chocolate – ¾ cup
- Whipping cream – ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – 1 tsp
- Take all the above ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds – 1 minute, till it starts to bubble). Remove it from the oven and combine slowly till the chocolate and butter is melted completely.
- Carefully remove the cooled chocolate mousse from the spring form pan and place it over a wire rack (place a pan below the wire rack to collect the excess chocolate glaze). Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the chocolate mousse and spread evenly till the mousse is completely covered with the chocolate glaze. Cool for an hour and serve garnished.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's