Kaipola/ Banana Cake/ Plantain Cake
Views : 61891
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Plantain (Kerala banana) – 2
- Egg – 3
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 4 – 5 tbsp (according to taste)
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Fried cashews and raisins – 3 tbsp
- Clarified butter / ghee – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Heat oil in a pan and keep it ready. Peel and cut the banana/ plantain into small pieces and fry them till golden brown colour. Remove from oil and keep it aside.
- Blend together eggs, milk, sugar and cardamom powder in a blender just till combined. Pour this to a deep bowl and add the fried banana/ plantain and half of the cashews and raisins and combine well.
- Heat a non stick pan with 1 tbsp clarified butter/ ghee in it over very low flame. Pour the prepared mixture to this and top it with the remaining cashews and raisins. Cook it covered over very low flame for about 15 – 20 minutes, or till done (check by inserting a tooth pick, if it comes out clean it is done). Remove from flame and let it cool. Serve warm.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's