Views : 49712
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Pumpkin – 1 kg (grated)
- Milk – 2 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Condensed milk – 200 gram
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Saffron – a pinch (soaked in hot milk)
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Almonds and pistachios (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Clarified butter / ghee – 4 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a non stick pan and fry the cashew and raisins, remove it from the ghee and keep is aside.
- In the same pan add the grated pumpkin and saute for about 10 minutes over medium flame. Add milk and sugar to this and cook till thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add condensed milk, cardamom powder and saffron milk to this and cook till thick and leaves the sides of the pan. Add the fried cashews and raisins, half of the chopped almonds and pistachios and 2 tsp ghee and combine well. Remove from flame and move the pumpkin halwa to a serving dish. Top it remaining almonds and pistachios. Serve hot, with vanilla ice cream, or cooled.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's