Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Views : 60021
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For chicken and chicken stock
- Chicken – 100 gram
- Onion – ½, chopped
- Carrot (small) – 1, chopped
- Beans – 4 – 5, chopped
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – a pinch
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Ginger – a very small piece (crushed)
- Water – 1 liter
- Salt – to taste
- Combine all the above ingredients in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for about 3 whistles.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the chicken stock, discard the bones and shred the chicken pieces.
- Sweet corn – ½ cup (tinned one or frozen)
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp (combine it with ¼ cup of water)
- Egg white – of 1 egg (beat it with a fork for a minute)
- Spring onion – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Grind the sweet corn to a coarse paste (if using frozen sweet corn, microwave it for about a minute and then grind it).
- Add the shredded chicken and ground sweet corn to the chicken stock, combine well and bring to boil.
- Add the corn flour mixture to this stirring continuously and cook till thick. To this, add the egg white little by little stirring continuously (use a tea strainer for pouring the egg whites to get it like thread).
- Add spring onion and a pinch of sugar (add little more salt only if required), cook for another 3 – 4 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's