Sheer Khorma/ Sheer Khurma
Views : 59898
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk – 1 ½ liter
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Pistachios – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Almond – 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Dates – 8 – 10 (thinly sliced)
- Vermicelli – 100 gram
- Sugar – ¾ cup – 1 cup (according to taste)
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Clarified butter/ghee – ¼ cup
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan, reduce the flame and heat it for about 15 minutes.
- Meantime, heat ghee in another pan, and fry the cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds till golden. Remove from the ghee. Add the sliced dates to the ghee and fry it for a minute. Remove it from the ghee. Add the vermicelli to the remaining ghee and roast it till golden brown.
- Add the roasted vermicelli to the boiling milk and cook for about 6 – 8 minute over low flame. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron to this and combine well and cook till thick.
- Add the fried nuts and dates to this and cook for another 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, combine well and remove from flame. Serve hot or cooled.
Note : Sheer Khorma/ Sheer Khurma/ Vermicelli Pudding is served mainly during Eid.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's