Coconut Ladoo/ Coconut Laddu
Views : 65988
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Coconut (grated) – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Desiccated coconut – ¼ cup
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Silver leaf, chopped pistachios, saffron – to garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp clarified butter/ ghee in a pan, add grated coconut and saute over medium flame for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add milk and condensed milk to this over low flame and cook till thick.
- Add sugar and a pinch of cardamom to this and combine well. Again cook over low flame till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp ghee to this and cook for another (to check the consistency, put a drop of mixture in a plate and try to roll it, if you are able to make a ball out of it, it is done). Remove from flame and move it to a greased plate.
- When warm, grease the palm with little ghee and roll the coconut mixture to small balls. Toll it in desiccated coconut. Garnish with silver leaf, chopped pistachios and saffron. Serve cooled.
Note : Makes about 8 - 10 coconut ladoos.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's