Moru Curry/ Moru Kachiyathu/ Seasoned Buttermilk
Views : 59106
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Buttermilk / curd with little water – 400 ml
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 8 – 10
- Dried red chili – 2
- Small onion/ shallots – 3 – 4 (slices)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds and let it splutter. To this add curry leaves and dried red chilies.
- Add small onion, green chili and chopped ginger garlic to this and saute till the onion is a bit soft and browned. Add turmeric powder and salt to this and combine. Remove from flame, add buttermilk to this and combine well.
- Switch on the flame and cook this for few seconds or a minute over very low flame (do not boil). Remove from flame and serve hot with plain rice.
Note : Served specially with Onam Sadhya/ Onasadhya
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's