Ada Pradhaman/ Rice Ada Payasam With Jaggery And Coconut Milk
Views : 74494
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Rice ada/ rice flakes – 100 gram
- Jaggery – 250 gram
- Water – ½ cup
- Coconut (freshly grated) – 1 ½ cup
- Water – ¾ cup + 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Dried ginger powder (chukku podi) – ¼ tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 – 12
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Coconut pieces (small pieces) – 1 tbsp
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 2 ½ tbsp.
- Boil water in a deep pan, add the washed rice ada to it and cook till done. Drain the water and rinse the cooked rice ada with cold water. Keep it aside.
- Meanwhile melt jaggery in a pan with half cup water in a pan over medium flame. Strain it with a strainer and keep it ready.
- Add ¾ cup water to coconut and grind well. Strain with a strainer and collect the coconut milk (this is the thick coconut milk). Again add 1 ½ cup water to the same coconut and grind again. Strain it in another bowl and collect the coconut milk (this is thin coconut milk). Keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp in a pan, and fry the cashew nuts, raisins and coconut pieces one by one till golden, remove from the ghee and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the cooked rice ada in the remaining ghee and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes over medium flame. To this add the melted jiggery and combine well. Cook till thick and reduce the flame.
- Add the thin coconut milk and again cook till thick stirring occasionally. Add cardamom powder, cumin powder and dried ginger powder and combine well.
- Add the thick coconut milk to this and combine well. Cook over low flame till thick and remove from flame. Add the fried cashews, raisins and coconut pieces and the remaining ½ tbsp ghee to this and serve hot.
Note : This payasam is served specially during Onam Festival with Onam Sadhya/ Onasdhya
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's