Aviyal / Mixed Vegetables Cooked With Curd And Coconut
Views : 75476
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, raw banana/plantain, green beans, yam and drum sticks) – 2 cup (peeled and cut to long pieces)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Coconut (grated) – ¾ cup
- Green chili – 2
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 8 – 10 leaves
- Yogurt/ curd – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil (preferably coconut oil) – 1 tbsp
- Cook the vegetables with turmeric powder, 1 ½ cup water and enough salt atill done and no water remains.
- Mean time grind the grated coconut with green chili, cumin seeds and curry leaves to a coarse paste.
- Add the ground coconut to the cooked vegetables and combine well. Cook this for about 3 – 4 minutes. Add yogurt to this, combine well and remove from flame.
- Add oil to this and combine well. Serve hot with plain rice.
Note : Onam Sadya /Onasadya special served with plain rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's