Vellarikka Pachadi/ Curd Curry With Cucumber
Views : 51430
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Coconut (grated) – 1 cup
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – a small piece
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (uluva) – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 6 – 8 leaves
- Water – ¼ cup
- Grind the coconut with the remaining ingredients to a fine paste and keep it ready.
- Yellow cucumber/ vellari (peel and cut to small pieces) – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Yogurt/ curd – ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Dried red chili – 2
- Small onion – 2 (sliced)
- Curry leaves – 8 – 10 leaves
- Salt – to taste
- Oil (preferably coconut oil) – 2 tbsp
- In a pan take the yellow cucumber/ vallari with water and enough water and cook till done and no more water remains.
- Add the ground coconut paste to this and combine well. Cook this for another 3 – 4 minutes over low flame. Remove from flame and add yogurt to this and combine evenly.
- Heat oil in another pan and let it splutter. Add dried red, small onion and curry leaves and stir and add this to the prepared cucumber curry. Combine and serve hot with plain rice.
Note : This side dish goes well with plain rice. This recipe is a popular dish served during Onam (a festival in Kerala).
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's