Milk Kesari/ Milk Rava Kesari
Views : 66300
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Semolina/ rava – ½ cup
- Milk – 3 cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Saffron – a pinch
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 3 tbsp
- Grease a bowl or a plate with very little clarified butter/ ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp clarified butter/ ghee in a non stick deep pan, add semolina to it and roast it for about 3 minutes over medium flame. Remove the roasted semolina/ rava to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add milk and bring to boil, reduce the flame and add cardamom powder and saffron to the milk. Let it boil for another 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted semolina to the boiling milk stirring continuously. Cook for another 4 – 5 minutes till thick and the semolina is cooked completely.
- Add sugar to this and again cook till thick. Add the remaining clarified butter/ ghee to this and combine well. Cook over medium flame till the mixture is no more sticky and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove it from the flame and move it the greased bowl. Serve warm or cooled.
Note : To serve Milk Kesari as pieces, after cooking move it to a greased plate or cake tin and let it cool at room temperature for about half an hour and then cut to pieces.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's