Gulab Jamun With Rabri
Views : 59190
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Gulab jamun – 10 pieces
- Milk – 1 liter
- Sugar – ¼ up
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- *Saffron – a pinch (optional)
- Pistachios – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp (chopped)
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan and reduce the flame when it starts to boil. Cook over low flame till little thick, stirring and scraping the sides occasionally, for about 35 – 40 minutes
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tbsp chopped pistachios and remove from flame. Let it cool for some time. Now cool it in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours.
- Remove the gulab jamuns from the sugar syrup and add it to the cooled rabri. Top it with remaining 1 tsp chopped pistachios and serve.
Note : Homemade gulab jamun is used here. Store bought one can also be used. Recipe of gulab jamun already added here, check the category Desserts/ Sweets.
*Saffron gives nice flavor and colour to the rabri.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's