Othmaliye Bil - Kishta
Views : 61004
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Condensed milk – ½ can (half of 400 gram can)
- Water – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Kunafa dough – 250 gram
- Unsalted butter – 150 gram (melted)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Orange blossom water – 1 tsp
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Pistachio (powdered) – 3 tbsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, combine together condensed milk, 1 cup water and corn flour without lumps. Heat this over medium flame and bring to boil stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and cook for another 5 – 6 minutes till thick. Remove from flame and cool it completely in the refrigerator when warm. Keep it ready.
- In another sauce pan, boil together sugar, 1 ¼ cup water. Reduce the flame and add lemon juice. Boil for another 6 – 8 minutes over low flame. add rose water and orange blossom water and remove from flame.
- Thaw the kunafa dough to room temperature. Take it without breaking. Take little by little long strands and roll it lightly to get small round in shape like a nest. Place it in a greased cupcake pan or mini cheesecake pan. Press lightly at the center to make an indentation (like a nest).
- Pour little by little melted butter over the kunafa nests.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake it for about 16 – 18 minutes or till golden colour. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Dip these kunafa nests one by one in the prepared sugar syrup. Fill each kunafa nests with the cooled condensed milk cream filling. Top it with powdered pistachio and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's