Fried Ice Cream
Views : 69223
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Vanilla ice cream – 3 scoops
- Corn flakes – 1 cup (crushed)
- Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – ¼ cup (little more if required to make a thin batter)
- Whipped cream and cherries – to garnish
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream, make 3 balls and place them in a parchment paper. Freeze it for 2 hours in a zip lock bag.
- Heat a pan, add the crushed corn flakes and chopped nuts to it a roast it for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Move it to another plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Combine together all purpose flour and water to make a smooth and thin batter. Dip one scoop ice cream in this batter and roll it immediately in the corn flakes (the ice cream should be coated with corn flakes very nicely). Repeat the process.
- Freeze these ice cream balls again for about 2 hours or till ready to use.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and keep it ready. Take one ball of ice cream coated with corn flakes and fry it in the oil for 8 – 10 seconds. Remove from the oil and serve immediately garnished with whipped cream and cherries (do not fry for more than 10 seconds). Fry the remaining ice cream and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's