Chicken Shami Kabab
Views : 74581
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Channa daal – ¼ cup
- Chicken (boneless) – 250 gram
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Crushed ginger garlic – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Potato – 1, small (boiled and mashed removing the skin)
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 2 tbsp
- Egg (raw) – half
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as required to shallow fry
- Soak channa daal in water for about 3 - 4 hours.
- In a deep pan, add soaked daal, chicken pieces, onion, ginger garlic, red chili powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, enough salt and 1 ½ cup and bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the chicken pieces and channa dall is cooked completely and there is no more water content left out. Remove it from flame and leave it to cool at room temperature. Grind it in a grinder and move it to a bowl.
- To this add mashed potato, green chili, coriander leaves, mint leaves, half of an egg and lemon juice and combine well. Add a pinch of salt if required. Make about 10 – 12 balls out of it and press lightly to get the shape of shami kabab (if the mixture is little sticky, add enough bread crumbs to make it stiff).
- Heat a nonstick pan, add little oil and shallow fry, over medium flame, turning the sides. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 10 - 12 shami kababs.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's