Views : 59189
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Boneless chicken – ½ kg (cut to thin strips)
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- White pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Crushed garlic – 2 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Marinate the boneless chicken strips with the remaining ingredients except oil and keep it covered in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry till done over medium flame stirring occasionally. Keep it aside.
Other ingredients for filling
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Tomato – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Cucumber – ½ (cup sliced)
- Olives – 2 tbsp (thinly sliced)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp + few drops
- Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp
- Yoghurt (curd) – 3 tbsp
- Crushed garlic – 3 big cloves
- Pita bread – 3 – 4 ( cut to halves and open the pocket)
- Lettuce – 8 – 10 big pieces
- French fries – ½ cup (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- In a bowl combine together onion, tomato, cucumber, olives and little salt and combine well. To this add the fried chicken pieces and 2 tsp lemon juice and combine well.
- In another bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, crushed garlic, few drops of lemon juice and little salt and combine well.
- Take one pita bread half, spread little mayonnaise – yogurt mixture all over inside the pita pocket, fill it with lettuce and the chicken – veg mixture and some french fries. Serve immediately.
Note : Homemade pita bread is used here.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's