Views : 59750
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Broken wheat – ½ cup
- Channa daal – ¼ cup
- Urad daal – 2 tbsp
- Masoor daal – 2 tbsp
- Mutton – ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Onion – 2 (finely sliced and fried till golden)
- Cahew nuts - 3 tbsp (fried till golden)
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
- Clarified butter (ghee) – ¼ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Soak wheat, channa daal, urad daal and masoor daal for about 4 – 5 hours. Cook this with 1 cup water in a pressure cooker for 2 – 3 whistles. Let it cool and grind it to a paste (add water as required to grind).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add cleaned mutton pieces and ginger garlic paste and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt and little water and pressure cook till done. Open the pressure cooker and cook over high flame till thick.
- Remove the mutton pieces from the gravy, shred the mutton pieces and discard the bones. Pulse the mutton pieces in grinder.
- In a nonstick sauce pan add ground wheat – daal mixture, mutton gravy and ground mutton and combine well. Add little water to get the right thick consistency. Heat it over medium flame, add ghee, ¾th of the fried onion and cashew nuts to this and bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame, add chopped green chili, coriander leaves and mint leaves and combine well. Add lemon juice, combine and remove from flame. Top it with remaining fried onion and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's