Mutton Seekh Kabab
Views : 51452
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Mutton mince – ½ kg
- Ginger garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped
- Green chili – 2, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, finely chopped (squeeze it well discard the liquid from it)
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Egg – half
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mint leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Butter – 2 tbsp (at room temperature) + 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – ¼ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Soak 6 – 7 wooden skewers in water for an hour and keep it ready.
- Clean the mutton mince and squeeze out excess water. To this add finely chopped ginger garlic and green chili and combine well and pulse it in a food processor 2 – 3 times. Move it to a bowl.
- To this add finely chopped onion, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice and salt and combine really well. Knead it for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add half of an egg to this and mix well. To this add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and 2 tbsp butter and combine. Add the bread crumbs to this and mix evenly. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Make 6 – 7 portions out of the mutton mixture. Grease a wooden skewer, grease it with little butter or oil. Take one portion and lightly press it over the wooden skewer to get the shape of a kabab without cracks and place it in a greased baking tray. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- Place the prepared mutton mixture in the oven and grill it for about 15 – 18 minutes, turning the sides in between, at 200 degree Celsius. Remove it from the oven when it is lightly golden colour (over grilling will make it hard). Show these grilled seekh kabab over direct flame for few seconds one by one to get nice smell and taste (optional). Rub the seekh kababs with remaining butter and serve immediately.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's