Chicken Tikka Squares
Views : 66217
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the filling
- Boneless chicken – 150 gram
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 (diced)
- Capsicum – ¼ cup
- Green chili – 1 (chopped finely)
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 tsp red chili powder, coriander powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, crushed ginger garlic, lemon juice and enough salt. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces till cooked. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan. Thread the fried chicken pieces in a wooden skewer and show it over direct flame to get a grilled effect. Cut it to small pieces when cooled completely.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add onion and capsicum and green chili and saute over high flame for about 3 – 4 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add ½ tsp red chili powder and very little salt (the sauces already have salt) to this and saute till oil appears on top. Add red chili sauce and tomato ketchup and saute for a minute. Add fried chicken pieces, sugar and coriander leaves and combine well. Remove from flame and let it cool.
- Spring roll pastry sheets (8 ½ “ * 8 ½ “) – 10 - 12
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp (combined in little water to make a thick paste)
- Take one spring roll sheet, place little cheese at the center and top it with little prepared chicken filling. Brush all the four sides of the spring roll sheet with the prepared all purpose flour paste and fold it from one side, then from the opposite side, and then brush little flour paste at the sides of top and bottom and fold to make a box.
- Repeat the process with the remaining spring roll sheets. Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry these till golden brown. Serve hot.
Note : These can be frozen for later use.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's