Garlic Bread Pizza Discs
Views : 62510
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Bread slices – 12 (to make 6 bread pizza discs)
- Butter – 3 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Garlic – 1 ½ tsp (chopped very finely)
- Oregano – 2 – 3 pinch
- Onion – half (diced)
- Capsicum – 3 tbsp (diced)
- Cherry tomato – 3 (diced), or use quarter of normal tomato
- Fried chicken (boneless) – ¼ cup (diced)
- Black olive – 3 (sliced), optional
- Pizza sauce – 2 tbsp (or tomato ketchup)`
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Take a circle cookie cutter (to get maximum big circle from the bread) and cut the bread slices to circles. Keep six bread circles aside.
- Take a slightly smaller cookie cutter and cut the center of the remaining 6 circles (we don’t need the inner portion of these bread rings. Keep it ready.
- In a bowl, combine together butter, finely chopped garlic and oregano and keep it ready.
- In another bowl combine together diced onion, capsicum, cherry tomato, fried chicken, olives an little salt.
- Spread little garlic butter at one side of the bread circles without center (done in the step 2) and toast it, with the buttered side down, in a hot pan till golden and crisp. Remove it from the pan.
- Take the other 6 bread circles (from step 1), spread little garlic butter at one side of each bread circle (reserve little to grease the pan), top it with 1 tsp pizza sauce and little mozzarella cheese. Place the toasted bread circles with the toasted part on top over this and fill the center portion with the chicken veg mixture.
- Top it with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle little oregano all over.
- Heat a non stick pan over very low flame and spread it with remaining butter. Place the prepared bread discs in the pan carefully and cover with a lid, let it get cooked for about 5 – 6 minutes or till the cheese melts completely (check not to burn). Serve hot.
Note : This can be done in a microwave too, just spread little butter over the bread circle (in the first step), top it with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese, and place the bread circles without the center over it and fill the centers with the veggie mix and other ingredients and bake it in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes or till golden brown and cheese melts completely at 200 degree Celsius.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's