Strawberry Jam Pastry
Views : 49798
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Puff pastry squares – 6
- Strawberry jam – 6 tbsp
- Egg – 1 (just enough to brush the pastry sheets)
- Pistachios – 1 tbsp (powdered)
- Thaw the frozen puff pasties over a floured surface. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep it ready.
- Take a puff pastry square, roll it lightly with a rolling pin, make slits on one half of the puff pastry and place it in the prepared baking sheet. Add 1 tbsp jam to the other half of the puff pastry at the center and cover it with the other half with slits. Repeat the same process with the remaining puff pastry sheets.
- Mix 1 tbsp water with 1 egg in a bowl. Brush the prepared jam pastry sheets with egg mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake these pastries for about 20 – 22 minutes or till it turns golden colour and flaky. Move it to a wire rack and sprinkle powdered pistachios all over. Leave it to cool at room temperature. Serve.
Note : Store bought or homemade puff pastry can be used here. Any jam of your choice can be used.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's