Views : 59896
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the dough
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Water – as required to make a smooth dough
- Salt – to taste
- Mix salt with water. Add little by little salt water to the all purpose flour and knead it to make a smooth dough. Keep it aside covered for half an hour.
For the filling
- Garlic – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Boneless chicken – 200 gram (ground in a food processor or grinder)
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
- Spring onion – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add ground chicken, ½ tsp pepper powder, ½ tsp soya sauce and very little salt and cook over high flame stirring continuously till the chicken is cooked completely and the water content is dried up. Remove from flame.
- Add the remaining ingredients including ½ tsp pepper powder and ½ tsp soya sauce to the cooked chicken and combine well. Let it cool for some time at room temperature.
For making momos
- Make 5 – 6 balls out of the prepared dough. Take one ball out of it, roll it to a big circle and cut small circles out of it. Take one circle and add little prepared chicken filling at the center.
- Make pleats from one side. Wet the edge of the other half of the circle and seal it. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Place these in a hot steamer without touching each other and steam it in batches for about 20 minutes. Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's