Views : 68414
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Tuna (canned) – 1 small can
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – garlic – 2 tsp (crushed)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Potato (boiled) – 1 (remove the skin and mash it)
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Egg whites – 2 (whisked with little salt)
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for deep frying
- Drain the liquid from the tuna and keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add onion and salt and saute till soft. To this add chopped green chilies and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- To this add black pepper powder and garam masala powder and cook for a minute. Add tuna to this and cook for 3 – 4 minutes over low flame. Add coriander leaves, combine and remove from flame. Let it cool for some time at room temperature.
- Add the mashed potato to the tuna mixture and combine evenly. Make 12 - 14 balls out of this mixture and press lightly to make the shape of a cutlet.
- Take one of them, roll in all purpose flour, dip in egg white and coat it with bread crumbs. Again in egg white and then in bread crumbs (double coating is done to make it crispy). Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame and fry these tuna cutlets till golden and crispy turning the sides occasionally. Move the cutlets to a paper towel and remove excess oil. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Note : Makes about 12 - 14 cutlets.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's