Chicken Noodle Spring Roll
Views : 66085
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chicken noodle filling
- Noodles – 100 gram
- Boneless chicken – 250 gram (cooked with ½ tsp black pepper powder and little salt)
- Ginger garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Cabbage – 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Carrot – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Capsicum – ¼ cup (thinly sliced)
- Soya sauce –1 tsp
- Red chili sauce – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Spring onion – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste (you will need less salt as the sauces already contain salt)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instruction adding little salt and 1 tsp oil in water. Drain the hot water and sprinkle cold water all over. Drain and keep it ready.
- Shred the cooked chicken pieces and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped ginger garlic to this and saute for few seconds till a nice smell appear. To this add thinly sliced cabbage and carrot and saute over high flame for about 3 – 4 minutes. To this add capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Add soya sauce and red chilli sauce and combine well. To this add cooked noodles, shredded chicken, black pepper powder and little salt and combine well. Add spring onion to this, combine and from flame. Leave it to cool for some time at room temperature.
For making spring roll
- All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Water – 2 ¾ - 3 cup (to make a smooth and thin batter)
- Egg – 3
- Bread crumbs - as required for coating
- Oil - for deep frying
- Combine together all purpose flour, water and little salt to make a smooth batter. To this add one egg and whisk till smooth.
- Heat a small non - stick pan, pour very little batter to it and spread evenly in the pan to get circle shape. Remove the pancake from the pan when just done. Repeat the process till all the pancakes are done. (Reserve 2 - 3 tbsp of batter for sealing the spring rolls.
- Take a pancake, put little prepared chicken noodle filling at one end of pancake and roll from the end where the filling is added. Then fold from the left and right so that the filling will not go outside and roll completely to get the shape of a spring roll.
- Seal the spring rolls by brushing little of the reserved batter. Repeat the process till all of them are done.
- In a bowl, take 2 egg whites and whisk lightly (the egg yolks can be used in the pancake batter if you want). Dip the prepared rolls one by one in the egg whites and then roll it in the bread crumbs till well coated. Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame and fry the rolls till golden brown. Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
Note : Makes about 18 – 20 spring rolls. Readymade spring roll sheets can be used instead of homemade one. If using readymade spring roll sheets, skip the step of dipping the spring rolls in egg and then rolling in bread crumbs.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's