Cheese Filled Chicken Bread Sticks
Views : 51442
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken (boneless) – 300 gram (ground in a food processor)
- Onion – 1 big (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 – 3 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – a pinch
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, green chili and little salt and saute till soft. Add the crushed ginger – garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and saute till oil appears on top. Add the ground chicken to this and saute over medium flame till the chicken is cooked completely, about 6 – 8 minutes).
- Add butter to this and combine well. Add all purpose flour and cook for another minute. Add milk to this stirring continuously. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame. Leave it to cool for some time.
- Bread slices – 10 – 12
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) – ½ cup
- Egg white – 2
- Bread crumbs – 1 ½ cup
- Oil – for deep frying
- Remove the sides of the bread slices carefully. Roll the bread slices with a rolling pin to make the bread slices thin all over.
- Take one rolled bread slice, add some prepared chicken filling at one end of it and top it with little mozzarella cheese. Carefully roll the bread slice to form a stick. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices.
- Take the egg whites in a bowl and bread crumbs in another bowl. Paste all the sides of the bread sticks with the egg white and then dip the bread sticks in egg white and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining bread sticks. Cool these bread sticks for half an hour (at this stage, these rolls can be kept it the freezer for later use).
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame and fry these bread sticks in batches till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
Note : Makes about 10 – 12. Roll (flatten) the bread slices with a rolling pin nicely, else the bread will break while rolling it with the filling.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's