Chilli Chicken Samosa
Views : 76340
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the dough
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup (or little more)
- Salt – to taste
- Add the melted butter to the all purpose flor and combine evenly with your finger - tips. To this add water with enough salt little by little and knead it to a smooth and soft dough. Keep it covered with a cling wrap for about half an hour. Keep it ready.
For the filling
- Boneless chicken – 200 gram (cut to small pieces)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Soya sauce – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Ginger – garlic -1 tsp (chopped)
- Onion – 2 (diced)
- Capsicum – 1 small (diced)
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – ½ tsp
- Salt – very little (if required, the sauces already have salt in it)
- Oil – ¼ cup + for deep frying the samosa
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp soy sauce, corn flour and salt and keep it in the refrigerator, covered, for an hour. Saute fry the marinated chicken pieces in 3 tbsp oil just till cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil, over low flame, add 1 tsp chopped ginger – garlic and fry till the raw smell disappear. Add diced onion and capsicum and saute over high flame for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp red chili powder and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add all the sauces and mix well. Check and add little salt if required. Add the fried chicken pieces and combine well. Cook for another minute and remove from flame.
- For making samosa, make about 6 - 7 balls out of the prepared dough. Take one of them and dust it with all purpose flour and roll it to make a thick poori like circle. Cut it to two halves, take one of them, apply little water at the sides and fold it to make a cone. Add a little of prepared chili chicken filling to it and press a little at the opening to seal it. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, and fry the samosas on medium flame turning the sides till golden brown. Move it to a paper towel and remove excess oil. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's