Methi Paneer Masala
Views : 49715
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Paneer/ cottage cheese – 1 ½ cup
- Fresh methi leaves – 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Crushed ginger garlic – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp (soak in hot water for half an hour)
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water for 15 minutes. Keep it ready. (Drain the water before adding it to the gravy).
- Wash the methi leaves, chop it and drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add the chopped onion and little salt and cook till soft. Add the crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomato to this and cook till soft. Remove it from flame and let it cool for some time. Grind it to a fine paste along with the soaked cashew nuts.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped methi leaves to this and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes over low flame. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top.
- Add the ground mixture to this and combine well. Add ¾ cup water to this and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook till little thick. Add the paneer cubes to this and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Add fresh cream to this and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's