Views : 51434
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the dosa
- Raw rice / dosa rice - 1 cup
- Urad daal - ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds (methi seed) - ¾ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - for spreading on the dosa
- Wash and soak dosa rice and urad daal + fenugreek seeds separately for about 5 - 6 hours. Grind both separately adding enough water (for grinding urad daal + methi seed, add the water in which it is soaked).
- Mix both the batters together and keep it covered overnight for fermenting.
- Add enough water if required (the batter should not be too thick nor too runny) and enough salt and mix well.
- Heat a big pan (tawa), when the pan is hot, reduce the flame and rub the pan with a cloth or tissue paper (if the pan is too hot, you will not be able to spread the batter neatly). Pour a ladle full of prepared batter in the middle of the pan and spread it slowly with the ladle in a circular manner till thin dosa is formed. Increase the flame and spoon some ghee (clarified butter) all over and cook till golden brown and crisp.
- Add some prepared potato masala to this, fold the dosa and serve immediately with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
- Potato – 3, big (boiled and mashed removing the skin)
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaf – 10 – 12
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Ginger (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 4, chopped
- Carrot – ¼ cup (chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad daal and let it splutter. Add curry leaves to this. Add chopped onion and little salt and saute till soft. Add crushed ginger, green chili and chopped carrot and saute for about 3 – 4 minutes over low flame.
- Add turmeric powder this and saute till oil appears on top. Add mashed potato to this and combine evenly. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes and remove from flame.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's