Mango Cake Pudding
Views : 67872
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the cake
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 cup (sifted)
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Grease a square or rectangle cake tin and line it with parchment paper. Keep it ready.
- Whisk together sugar and yogurt till well combined. To this add baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Keep this aside for about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and essence to this and combine well. Add the sifted all purpose flour little by little and combine well. Pour this mixture to the cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake it for about 30 minutes. Take the cake tin out of the oven and brush it with milk. Again bake it for about 5 – 10 minutes at 180 degree (till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean). Take it out of the oven and cool it at room temperature for about 25 minutes. Remove the cake carefully from the cake tin and cool it completely at room temperature.
- Cut the cake to two halves if required to fill the cake dish. Reserve little cake crumbs to garnish the pudding.
For the mango pudding
- Mango (ripe) – 1 ½ cup (grind it to puree)
- Whipping cream (cooled) – 1 ½ cup
- Whipping powder – 1 sachet (36 gram)
- Condensed milk – ½ cup (more or less according to your taste)
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Gelatin – 1 ½ tsp (mix it in 1 ½ tbsp water)
- Sugar syrup – ¼ cup
- Chocolate sauce and chocolate curls – to garnish
- Cherries – 8 – 10
- Take the whipping cream and whipping powder in a chilled bowl. Place a bowl of ice cubes below the bowl of whipping cream. Whip the cream well. Just before soft peaks are formed, add condensed milk, fresh cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and whip till soft peaks are formed. To this add the mango puree and combine well.
- Microwave the soaked gelatin for about 10 seconds. Remove from the oven and stir well till it melts completely. Let it sit for few seconds to cool. Add this to the prepared mango cream and combine well.
- Place the prepared cake in the dessert dish. Sprinkle the sugar syrup all over the cake. Spread the prepared mango pudding over the cake base and spread evenly. Garnish with reserved cake crumbs, chocolate sauce, chocolate curls and cherries. Cool it in the refrigerator covered. For about 3 – 4 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's