Views : 59922
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut into 8 – 10 pieces)
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Onion - 3 (sliced and ground to fine paste)
- Tomato – 2, big (ground to fine paste)
- Cumin seeds – ¾ tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Dried red chili – 3
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves - 2
- Crushed ginger garlic – 2 tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with red chili powder, turmeric powder, yogurt and salt and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat a non stick pan and dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, whole black pepper, dried red chili, cardamom and cloves over low flame for about 3 minutes. Grind it to a powder and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the ground onion paste and little salt and cook for about 5 – 6 minutes till the raw smell disappear. To this add the ground tomato puree, combine well and bring to boil.
- To this add the marinated chicken pieces, the ground spice powder and crushed ginger garlic and mix well. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook covered till done and the gravy becomes thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add kasoori methi and butter to this and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's