Carrot Kheer/Gajar Ka Kheer
Views : 56523
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Carrot – 1 big (grated)
- Basmati rice – 3 tbsp (soaked in water for about 4 hours)grate
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Rose water – 2 tsp
- Almonds – ¼ cup (soaked in water for about an hour, blanched and thinly sliced)
- Pistachios (crushed) – 2 tbsp
- Grind the soaked rice with ¼ cup of water and keep it ready.
- In a non stick pot pan, boil the milk with sugar and cardamom powder. Reduce the flame and add the ground rice to the boiling milk stirring continuously.
- After 5 minutes, add the grated carrot and cook over low flame stirring continuously till thick, for about half an hour or little more.
- Add the rose water, sliced almond and crushed pistachios and combine well. Remove from flame and serve warm or cold.
Note : Serves 5 - 6 people.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's