Kadala Curry/ Bengal Gram Curry
Views : 59775
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Coconut – 1 ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion/ shallots – 3 – 4
- Water – ½ cup (or more as required)
- Grind the above ingredients to a fine paste and keep it ready.
- Bengal gram/ black gram – 1 cup (soaked in water overnight)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ - 2 tsp
- Onion – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Green chili - 2
- Garlic – 3 cloves(crushed)
- Salt – to
- Drain the excess water from the soaked bengal gram and pressure cook it with the ingredients mentioned above and enough water till done.
- Add the ground coconut paste to this cooked bengal gram and combine and boil it over low flame (add little water if required to get the right consistency). Remove from flame.
- Mustard seeds – ¾ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Dried red chili – 2
- Garlic - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 10 – 15 leaves
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add dried red chili, garlic and curry leaves to this and remove from flame. Add this to the prepared curry and combine well. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's