Mini Mango Tart
Views : 68538
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the tart shell
- Unsalted butter – 100 gram (cold)
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Cold water – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- In a bowl, combine together all purpose flour, sugar and salt.
- Soften the butter with a food processor, add the flour mixture to the softened butter and pulse till the flour mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the beaten egg to this and combine well.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp cold water to this and mix just till the mixture sticks together. Cover it with a cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Divide the dough to 3 portions and roll them to a ¼ inch thick. Cut it to circles with a cookie cutter and place it in a greased tart pan. Cool it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and bake the tart shells for about 12 – 15 minutes or till done. Remove it from the oven and cool it over a wire rack.
For the filling
- Milk – 750 ml
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ¾ tsp
- Mango (ripe) – 3
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Combine together all the above ingredients except mango and pomegranate in a non stick pan and bring to boil stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and cook over very low flame stirring continuously till thick. Remove from flame and leave it to cool.
- Cut the mangoes to thin slices and keep it ready.
- Fill this prepared custard in the cooled tart shells and arrange the sliced mangoes in it. Top it with pomegranate seeds and garnish with mint leaves. Serve.
Note : Makes about 18 – 20 mini tarts.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's