Milk Powder Burfi
Views : 50387
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 100 gram
- Sugar – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Yellow food colour – a drop (optional)
- Silver leaf – to garnish (to garnish)
- Almonds and pistachios (chopped) – to garnish
- Line a square or circle cake pan or tray with parchment and grease it with butter. Keep it ready.
- Heat butter in a non stick pan over very low flame, add the milk powder to this and roast for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from roasted milk powder to a dry bowl and keep it ready.
- Heat another non stick pan, add sugar and water and bring to boil, reduce the flame, add cardamom powder and food colour and combine. Boil the sugar syrup till it reaches one string consistency.
- Add the roasted milk powder to this stirring continuously. Cook this till thick and leaves the sides of the pan stirring continuously. Remove it from the flame and pour this mixture to the prepared cake tin and spread evenly. Garnish with silver leaf and sprinkle the chopped nuts all over immediately. Cut it to desired shape after 20 minutes. Leave it to cool for about an hour till it is set completely. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's