Date And Nut Stuffed Cookies
Views : 50350
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Butter (unsalted) – ¾ cup + 1 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup + 1 ½ tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Dates (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mixed nuts (finely chopped) - ¼ cup (here I used walnut, cashew and almond)
- Salt – a pinch
- Beat together ¾ cup butter and ½ cup sugar till well combined and creamy. To this add milk and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add all purpose flour combined with a pinch of salt little by little and combine well. Knead this dough till smooth. Make 20 – 22 balls out of this dough.
- In another bowl, combine together chopped dates, nuts, 1 tbsp butter and 1 ½ tbsp sugar.
- Grease your palm with little butter, take one dough ball and press lightly. Put little date and nut mixture at the center of the pressed dough and carefully cover it with the sides of the dough. Again roll it to a ball carefully and press lightly to get the shape of a cookie and place it in a greased cookie sheet or a baking pan leaving space between each. Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and bake the biscuits over the upper rack for about 26 – 28 minutes, till the sides of the cookies turn golden color. Remove the bakes biscuits from the oven and cool it over a wire rack. Serve
Note : Makes about 20 – 22 cookies. Bake it in 2 – 3 batches.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's