Pistachio Strawberry Cheesecake
Views : 56429
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the biscuit base
- Digestive biscuits (or any other biscuit of your choice) - 150 gram (powdered)
- Butter (unsalted) - 5 tbsp (melted)
- Combine powdered biscuits, powdered sugar and butter. Rub the ingredients using finger tips. Add little by little cookie mixture in a greased mini cheesecake mold and press it with your finger tips. Keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 min to set the base.
For the cheesecake filling
- Strawberry – ½ cup (chopped)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese - 227 gram (1 package)
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – ¼ cup
- Gelatin - 2 tsp
- Pistachios (green) – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Cooking chocolate (chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Thick cream – 2 tbsp
- Strawberries – to garnish
- In a sauce pan, take chopped strawberries and 1 tbsp sugar and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook till thick. Remove from flame and leave it to col at room temperature.
- In another deep bowl, beat together cream cheese, condensed milk and powdered sugar till creamy. To this add ¼ cup thick cream and vanilla essence and mix well. Add the cooked strawberry to this and beat till well combined.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 2 tbsp water and let it sit for a minute. Microwave it in the oven for 10 - 15 seconds. Remove it from the oven and stir it with a spoon. Let it cool for a minute (do not add hot gelatin to the cream cheese mixture). Add it to the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
- Add the chopped pistachios to this and combine (reserve little chopped pistachios to serve). Pour it over the prepared biscuit base in the mini cheesecake mold and spread evenly. Cool it in the refrigerator for about 3 - 4 hours to set.
- Microwave 2 tbsp thick cream for about 30 seconds (just till it starts to bubble). Remove it from the oven and add the chopped cooking chocolate to this. Stir till the chocolate is melted completely. Let it cool for 2 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the set mini cheesecakes from the mold carefully. Top it with the prepared chocolate mixture and garnish with sliced strawberry and chopped pistachios. Serve.
Note : Cheesecakes taste good when served cool.
This can be prepared in a big spring form pan instead of mini cheesecake mold.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's