Yellow Cucumber Curry/ Vellari Curry
Views : 59177
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Yellow cucumber/ vellari -1 (small)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp turmeric powder tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Coconut (grated) – 2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1.2 tsp
- Shallots (small onion) – 5- 6
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Yogurt (curd) – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Peel the yellow cucumber and cut it to small cubes. In a pressure cooker, add the cubed yellow cucumber, green chili, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and 1 ½ cup water and cook just till done (for a whistle or 2). Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Grind together coconut, cumin seeds, shallots, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder adding curd to a smooth paste. Add very little water if required. Add this to the cooked yellow cucumber and combine. Add little water to get the correct consistency. Heat it for about 5 – 6 minutes over low flame. Just before it starts to boil, remove from flame.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Dried red chili – 2
- Curry leaves – 2 springs
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add dried red chilies, curry leaves to this and remove from flame. Add this to the prepared yellow cucumber curry and combine. Serve hot with plain rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's