Veg Manchurian With Gravy
Views : 74492
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the veg balls
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 2 cup
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Capsicum/ bell pepper (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour/ maida – ¼ cup
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- In a deep bowl add finely chopped cabbage, carrot, capsicum, onion, green chili and ginger - garlic and combine evenly. To this add black pepper powder, all purpose flour, corn flour and salt and combine well. Make about 17 – 18 balls out of it.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame and fry the prepared veg balls in batches till golden brown. Keep it aside.
For the gravy
- Ginger - garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1 chopped
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp (combine it with 1 cup of water)
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch (only if required as the sauces already contain salt)
- Spring onion – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped ginger garlic and green chili and saute for a while. To this add soya sauce, red chili sauce and tomato sauce and combine well.
- Add the corn flour mixture to this and bring to boil stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and add black pepper powder, a pinch of sugar and salt and cook till little thick. Add the fried veg balls to this and bring to boil. Serve immediately topped with spring onion (if serving it later, add the fried veg balls to this sauce just before serving and bring to boil).
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's