Shahi Chicken Korma
Views : 60692
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut to pieces)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Cashew nuts – 10 – 12 (soaked in water for about half an hour)
- Almonds – 8 (soak or boil in water and remove skin)
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 3 (thinly sliced)
- Green chili – 3
- Ginger – garlic (crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Clarified butter/ghee – 3 tbsp
- Marinate the cleaned chicken with turmeric powder, salt and yogurt for about half an hour.
- Grind together the soaked cashew nuts and almonds with 3 tbsp milk to a fine paste and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add the sliced onion and saute till soft. Add the chopped green chili and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add the ground cashew almond paste to this and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the marinated chicken to this combine well and cook over high flame for about 4 – 5 minutes. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and cook for till the raw smell disappear.
- Add 1 ½ cup water to this and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook covered till the chicken is cooked completely. Add the chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's