Homemade Pita Bread
Views : 60087
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Instant yeast – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm water – ½ cup (little more or less as required)
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- In a deep bowl add ½ cup all purpose flour, yeast and warm water and combine well. Keep it aside for about 15 minutes.
- To this add 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and combine well. Add the remaining all purpose flour and knead it to a soft and smooth dough. Grease the dough with ¼ tsp of olive oil. Keep it covered to rise for about 2 hours.
- Take the dough and divide it to 5 portions and make a smooth balls out of it. Keep the dough balls covered for another 10 minutes.
- Take one ball, sprinkle little all purpose flour and roll it very lightly or pat it with your fingers to the size of a pita bread.
- Heat an iron skillet, drizzle little olive oil, place the rolled dough in the hot skillet and cook on both sides till it done and the pita bread is puffed completely, remove from the flame. Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 5 pita bread. If you want to make stuffed sandwiches with pita bread, cut the pita bread to halves few seconds after it is removed from skillet and open the pocket for stuffing.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's