Views : 67588
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Basmati rice – 1 ½ cup (soak in water for 15 minutes and drain excess water)
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 1
- Garlic – 3 – 4 cloves
- Green chilli - 2
- Whole pepper – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – ¼ cup (soak in hot water for 15 minutes)
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Capsicum ( red, green, yellow) – 1 cup, diced
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Water – 3 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil 3- 4 cup of water in a deep pan. Add the rice, cardamom and clove and enough salt to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from flame and drain the excess water from the cooked rice. Leave it to cool for some time at room temperature.
- Grind together garlic cloves, green chilli, whole pepper and soaked cashew nuts to a fine paste. Keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add the ground cashew – garlic paste and saute for a minute or till the raw smell disappear. Add the diced capsicum and enough salt and saute for 2 minutes over high flame.
- Add the cooked rice, garam masala powder and combine evenly. Add the coriander leaves to this and combine well. Remove from flame and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's