Dry Fruit Burfi
Views : 59113
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Dry figs – 200 gram
- Dates – 100 gram (remove the seeds and finely chopped)
- Walnuts – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cashew nuts – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Almonds – ½ cup (chopped)
- Pistachios – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Clarified butter/ ghee – 1 tbsp
- Line an 8” square tin with parchment paper and grease it with little ghee or butter. Keep it ready.
- Soak the figs in hot water for about 15 minutes. Drain the water, pat dry the figs and grind it to a paste. Keep it ready.
- Heat a non stick pan and dry roast the chopped nuts for about 3 – 4 minutes. Remove it from the pan. In the same pan heat ghee and add the ground fig paste and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes stirring continuously over medium flame.
- To this add the chopped dates and mix evenly. Add the dry roasted nuts (reserve little nuts to sprinkle on top) and cardamom powder and combine well. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Move this dry fruit mixture to the square tin and spread it evenly with a spoon. Sprinkle the remaining nuts all over and press lightly. Cool it for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Cut it to desired shape and serve.
Note : Quantity of nuts can be varied according to your taste.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's