Punjabi Chicken Masala
Views : 69469
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For grinding to powder
- Whole coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¾ tsp
- Whole pepper – ½ tsp - 1 tsp (according to your taste)
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Heat a pan and dry roast the above ingredients till a nice aroma appears. Remove it from the flame and let it cool for some time. Grind this to a fine powder and keep it ready.
- Chicken – ½ kg ( cut to pieces)
- Cardamom seeds – 1
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 3 (thinly sliced)
- Ginger – garlic (crushed) – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Dried fenugreek leaves / kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cardamom seeds and cumin seeds. To this add sliced onion and saute till soft. To this add crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to this and cook till soft. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and saute till oil appears on top. Add the cleaned chicken pieces to this and combine well.
- Add the ground spice powder to this and combine well. Cook this for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water and cook it covered for another 10 minutes over low flame. Add kasoori methi to this and cook till the chicken pieces are completely cooked and the gravy is thick. Remove from flame and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's