Views : 51451
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Chicken (boneless) – 500 gram (cut it to thin strips)
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Red chili paste – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with the other ingredients mentioned above, except oil, and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till cooked and changes the colour to golden brown. Move the chicken pieces to a paper towel and remove the excess oil. Keep it ready.
- Cashew nuts – 15
- Whole red chili – 2
- Ginger garlic (chopped) – 2 tsp
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Spring onion (chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 (diced)
- Bell pepper/ capsicum (green, red and yellow) – 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Red chili paste – ¾ tsp (add more or less according to taste)
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cashew nuts and fry it till golden and remove it from the pan. To the same oil, add whole red chili, c hopped ginger garlic and red chili flakes and saute till the raw smell disappear. To this add the spring onion and diced onion and saute over high flame for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Reduce the flame and add the sauces, red chili paste, sugar and little salt and cook for a minute. Add ¼ cup water to this and cook till thick.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cashew nuts to this and combine evenly. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot.
Note : For the red chili paste, soak 8 – 10 dried red chilies (remove the seeds) in water for about 15 minutes. Drain the water and grind it to a paste. Add 1 or 2 tsp water if required.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's